– 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp
– 1 8 oz pack of beer batter mix
– 1 cup 1877 sparkling water
– 1 tbsp garlic powder
– 1 tbsp Creole seasoning
– Salt, pepper, onion powder (to taste)
– Vegetable oil (for frying)
– Sweet chili sauce
– Green onions, chopped
1. Prep the Shrimp:
– Peel and devein the jumbo shrimp, leaving the tails intact if desired.
– Rinse the shrimp under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
2. Prepare the Batter:
– In a mixing bowl, combine the beer batter mix and the sparkling water.
– Sprinkle in the garlic powder and Creole seasoning.
– Season the batter with a pinch of salt, pepper, and onion powder to taste.
– Stir the mixture until a smooth batter forms. Adjust seasoning as needed.
3. Heat the Oil:
– In a deep frying pan or pot, pour in enough vegetable oil to submerge the shrimp. Heat the oil to 350°F (175°C) over medium-high heat.
4. Dip and Coat:
– While the oil is heating, dip each prepared shrimp into the batter, ensuring they are fully coated. Let any excess batter drip off.
5. Fry the Shrimp:
– Carefully place the battered shrimp into the hot oil, one at a time, to avoid overcrowding the pan.
– Fry the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn a golden brown color and the batter becomes crispy.
6. Drain and Season:
– Once the shrimp are cooked, use a slotted spoon to carefully remove them from the oil.
– Place the fried shrimp on a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
– While the shrimp are still hot, season them with a sprinkle of salt and any additional spices if desired.
7. Glaze and Garnish:
– In a separate bowl, pour the sweet chili sauce.
– Gently toss the fried shrimp in the sweet chili sauce until they are coated with the glaze.
– Arrange the glazed shrimp on a serving platter.
– Sprinkle the chopped green onions over the top for a fresh burst of flavor and color.
– Serve the crispy beer-battered jumbo shrimp with sweet chili glaze and green onions as a delightful appetizer or main course.
– Provide extra sweet chili sauce on the side for dipping, if desired.
– You can follow the package directions for the beer batter mix, adjusting the quantities of water and batter mix accordingly to achieve the desired consistency.
Indulge in the crispy and flavorful goodness of these beer-battered jumbo shrimp, perfectly complemented by the sweet chili glaze and the freshness of green onions.
Here’s to the Yum
Cheers to the Crumb